Fall Mix and Match  

Wednesday, November 19, 2008


Yesterday was MDR's first anniversary. It's been a year of growth, moving from a small beachfront studio to having an entire SIM full of photo opportunities and a three-story studio extraordinaire. Cajsa has been hard at work building and texturing things, and I have to say the place looks great. We're having a party on Friday to celebrate a year of taking fabulous photos AND the grand opening of our new SIM, and I've been busy with the preparations for that. But I did take a few moments recently to enjoy some of the fall scenery around the grid before it all disappears and the snow starts showing up. It's not been chilly enough for a coat yet, but this season definitely calls for longer sleeves. I decided to do some mixing and matching of old and new pieces to travel the grid in and I came up with some wonderfully fashionable looks.




Qualified Cutie from Mischief is a favorite in my Sexy Business Wear folder and one of the first outfits I bought at Mischief. But for today, I decided to pair it with a newer find, the Buckle Pants from SLink. Adding the Tamara shoes from ZHAO and the Secret hair from TheAbyss gives it that sleek sophisticated look that is perfect for the office...


...or for frolicking in the fall leaves.


While on my sojourn around the grid, I decided to check out Cachet, as I'd not been there in several months. On the second floor, I found this treasure. The Sarah shirt, which I paired with my very first pair of SL jeans, the Black Embellished Jeans from Celestial Studios.


I don't generally wear shirts with prints on them but the texture on this shirt is exquisite, and I love the banding around the collar and waistband which has been added to the elbows and cuffs also to tie it all together. It comes in several colors, but when I saw that this one was called Funeral, there was no doubt I had to have it.


This look is a bit more causal and a lot monochromatic, so in keeping with that theme I donned the new Hylda boots from Tesla in black. I love everything about these boots, from the shiny leather texture to the cute little zipper and metallic ring on the side. They go perfectly with jeans.



Now that I've frolicked about in the fall leaves for awhile, it's back to party preparations for me. The party starts at 6:30 p.m. slt and will be held in the Portfolio Room at MDR. Come enjoy great music, dancing, and some fabulous prizes in the raffle ball. Oh, and don't forget to take the grand tour of the new SIM. There's plenty to see and do.


Now if I can just figure out what to wear...but that's a post for another time.



Photos by Arcadia Nightfire, MDR Photo Studio

Model Info Outfit #1
Skin: Celestial Studios - Charmed Skin 20 (Glitter- Silver 2)
Eyes: Eye AC - darkturquoise
Hair: the Abyss - Secret, Blood
Manicure: Sin Skins - Glitter Manicure, Crimson
Top: Mischief - Qualified Cutie (part of an outfit)
Pants: SLink - Buckle Pants, Black
Shoes: ZHAO - Tamara, Black
Jewelry: Inks & Kinks Nostril Diamond Stud
MUSE - Classic Tank Watch, Black & Silver
Caroline's - Individual, a Right Hand Ring
Poses: Long Awkward Pose - Fierce (picture 3)
Long Awkward Pose - Magic of Oz - Witch Castle Falling (picture 4)
Model Info Outfit #2
Skin: Celestial Studios - Charmed Skin 20 (Glitter- Silver 2)
Eyes: Eye AC - darkturquoise
Hair: the Abyss - Secret, Full Moon
Manicure: Sin Skins - Glitter Manicure, Black
Top: Cachet - Sarah Shirt, Funeral
Pants: Celestial Studios - Black Embellished Jeans
Shoes: Tesla - Hylda Boots, Black
Jewelry: Inks & Kinks Nostril Diamond Stud
Caroline's - Moon Necklace
Caroline's - Individual, a Right Hand Ring
Pose: ::Tuli:: - Elegance (picture 5)
ANA_Mations -BabyDoll4_hip (picture 6)

Email this post


0 comments: to “ Fall Mix and Match

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster