Put On That Party Dress!  

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

There I was last Friday, the night of MDR's Anniversary Bash, standing in my bedroom frantically riflling through my inventory. What to wear, what to wear...the age old question that every fashionista asks herself before an important occassion. I had a list of criteria I was trying to follow:

Dressy but not TOO formal.
Classy and elegant.
Something a little out of the ordinary.
And most importantly...smokin H-O-T!

My first thought was a little black dress, because that works for almost every occassion, but I wanted out of the ordinary. Perhaps I could find something that fit both bills?

It took me awhile, but I finally stumbled upon the perfect dress for theparty. It fit all of my party dress criteria, and better yet, I'd not had an opportunity to wear it yet. So what dress was the perfect dress for an anniversary bash? What dress was elegant, sexy, and a bit out of the ordinary? The Noir Vero Flexi Dress from Leezu Baxter Designs, of course.



Leezu Baxter always has fabulous, not your run of the mill, couture. I've been an admirer of hers for quite some time, but I admit I don't get to wear her things as often as I'd like. I bought this dress on impulse quite awhile ago, but hadn't had a reason to wear it yet. I'm so glad I pulled it out and dusted it off. It was the PERFECT dress for the occassion.

This dress is exquisitely sexy. The geomatric cut out pattern on the torso and the plunging neckline show off a tantalizing amount of skin without crossing the line.


The skirt comes with three flexi prims and it moves beautifully...this is definitely a dress for dancing. I love the pairing of the modest length of the skirt with the daring neckline. And the gloves, with their matching cut out pattern, not only compliment this dress perfectly, but they add that touch of elegance I was looking for.

I paired this dress with the new Yvette hair from ETD because I thought an updo would look best, but I didn't want anything too formal and polished. Yvette is just a tiny bit messy and a little less formal. The hair sweeping across one side of the face adds a touch of sexy to the updo. For jewelry, I kept it simple and understated so as not to overpower the dress. Caroline's graduated diamond set was the perfect compliment. Classic, simple, beautiful. And besides, diamonds go with everything, right?


Black seamed stockings and the Maitreya Virtue shoes were the finishing touches to my Anniversary Party look.



Next time you're at Leezu Baxter, make sure you check out that little room called Noir; there are lots of little gems in that collection, and Vero is the perfect party/night out on the town dancing dress.

Photography by Arcadia Nightfire, MDR Photo Studio

Model Info:

Skin: Celestial Studios - Charmed Skin 20 (Glitter- Silver 2)
Eyes: Eye AC - darkturquoise
Hair: ETD - Yvette, Crimson
Dress: Leezu Baxter Designs - Noir Vero Flexi Dress
Stockings: Blacklace
Shoes: Maitreya - Virtue, Patent Leather
Jewelry: Inks & Kinks - Diamond Nostril Stud
Caroline's Jewelry - Graduated Diamond Set

Email this post


0 comments: to “ Put On That Party Dress!

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster