Ginny Talamasca's Last Call...A Tribute To One Of Second Life's Most Prolific Designers  

Monday, January 28, 2008




Anyone who has ever dipped even a toe into the swirling waters of the Second Life fashion world knows that when it comes to integrating creativity with flawless design and of-the-moment wearability, few, if any, could compare to Ginny Talamasca. Her creations made Last Call the must-have landmark for any fashionista worth her shoes.

Gabby and Pyper are certainly no strangers to the Last Call phenomenon, having discovered for themselves the wide range of styles and aesthetics available in this one location very early on in their SLives. Sadly, Ginny will be leaving the grid soon. Fashion hungry avis fill the Dazzle sim daily to snap up her timeless designs before they are no longer available.

We recently sat down to talk about Last Call and we looked at the items that each of us most associate with the Inimitable Ginny Talamasca...





Gabby: One of the things that I most love about Ginny's designs is the way they are very sexy without being too revealing or, to be blunt, trashy. These are the clothes that you wish you could rez into your RL wardrobe, lol.

Pyper: OMG...isn't that the truth. They are so versatile and you can go from business-like to full out hot and sexy in a matter of seconds. As far as my RL wardrobe... Man, isn't there a way to transfer objects into my own closet? LOL. I absolutely love the exceptional quality of these clothes and it is so hard to find anything close. I mean the prim attachments are always in alignment. There are never holes or gaps and the clothes just look so real. What do you think Gabby?

Gabby: I would agree, I rarely have to make any adjustments to get the items to fit correctly. Especially her babydoll dresses. I think Ginny can be credited for perfecting, if not starting, the babydoll fad in Second Life. What really jumps out at me when I see one of Ginny's designs, is the detailing. All of the hand drawn touches that display a level of artistry and attention to detail that few other designers take the time to include. That, I believe, will be Ginny's legacy in Second Life.

Pyper: Now, when I think of Last Call and Ginny Talamasca I think of high fashion, yes, but I also think of beautiful gowns that have such intricate detailling and unique design. I have bought all of them and can say that there isn't one that I don't like. I feel elegant and also sexy in the gowns that she has created and the fabric textures used are above all the best I have seen.

Gabby: I think we agree that Ginny will be remembered as a true artist who went to great lengths to see her particular vision carried out in SL. Ginny Talamasca will be missed.

But, take heart, fashionistas...Last Call is not going away! Ginny's trusted partners will be there to continue bringing high fashion to Second Life's fashion fanatics.


On Gabby:
All Clothing by Last Call
Hair by ETD
Boots by Lyra Muse for ::Vamp::
Heels by Stiletto Moody
Jewelry by Caliah Lyon for Muse

On Pyper:
All Clothing by Last Call
Hair by ETD
Boots by Lyra Muse for ::Vamp::
Heels by Devyn Carmichael for ::Vamp::

Email this post


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster