These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things...  

Saturday, January 5, 2008

♪♫…when the dog bites…when the bee stings…♪♫
♫♪...when i'm feeling sad…♫♪
♫♪…i simply remember my favorite things…♫♪
♪♫...and then i don’t feel so bad…♪♫


This post, in case you couldn't tell from the title, is all about my favorite things. Pyper and I talked about how to begin our blog, and we decided that each of us would tell you a little bit about ourselves. But, I couldn't just start with a "Hi, my name is..." type of post (yawn...), so I thought that I would let you learn more about me by telling you about some of my favorite things. So, without further ado, let's start at the very beginning...(♪♫…it's a very good place to start…♫♪)


Okay, number one. All evidence to the contrary, The Sound Of Music is not my favorite movie...but i had the opportunity to watch it again last weekend and it sort of inspired the theme of this post and has sort of taken on a life of its own. My favorite movie? That would be The Godfather, and Gone With The Wind, and The Contender, and The Cutting Edge (yes, the one with DB Sweeney and Moira Kelly. It's cheesy, I know), and...well, there are alot of movies that I love and could watch time and time again...maybe one day that topic will become a post of it's own. But, I digress...

Getting back to the topic at hand...some of my favorite things in SL are:

My amazing group of friends: Guy, Pyper, Tucor, Payten...these are the people who know me best and put up with me anyway (lol?). Actually, I have this network of SL friends whom I have met over the last six months or so...and they really make SL interesting. Each of them is unique and special in their own way and I love them all dearly. ::hugs:: And that will conclude the sappy part of our program.

Second Life Fashion: I am continually amazed by the creativity and talent dispayed by those who create the fun and functional for dressing up (or down) our avatars. I could list all of my favorite designers, but it seems I add a new one each day. I will be sure to talk about them all as I blog my way through SL for you.

Content Creation: I have discovered something very odd...I like to build (shock!). Really, ever since Tucor taught me to torture my first prim, I have been addicted. Sadly, I don't have the talent or knowledge yet to do everything I want to do, so I bother poor Tucor to distraction with what I'm sure he considers to be the stupidest of questions. But, I have found that I like, and am getting pretty good at, creating animations. This was a complete surprise to me. I'll tell you more about my adventures in animations and highlight some of the wonderful builds that can be enjoyed in SL.

My Inventory: Yes, it is a mess. Yes, it is desperate need of organizing. Still, I love it dearly. My SL New Year's Resolution was to not purchase anything else until it was clean and organized. But with a sale starting at ETD today, I'm pretty sure that resolution won't last out the week. But, I do have some really cool stuff that I just adore. Such as...
  • Anything by Callie Cline. Especially her limited edition Diamond Dust gown and the Sapphire gown that Guy had made for me for Christmas...a one-of-a-kind gown made just for me...could he spoil me any more? I think not.
  • Mystitool HUD. I love this radar and I wear it all of the time. Not only do I know who is around me at all times, I can rez posing stands, tables and chairs when i need a seat, control my flight speed, keep my favorite landmarks handy and so much more.
  • Stiletto Moody Python Slingbacks. If there is a hotter shoe on the grid, I haven't found it yet.
  • My Photo Album. I take pictures of everything and you will see alot of them here. These are my SL memories...some better than others, but all important to who Gabby is today.
  • My Inventory Storage Boxes and Texture Organizers from THiNC. When I use them, they are fabulous!
  • My Chimera. I have loaded it with all of my favorite dances from Sine Wave and I love it. It is perfect for those times when the club dance ball just won't do.
There you have it...a little about me via the things I love most in Second Life. Until next time...

Email this post


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster