Mix and Match - Goth Style  

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ever come across a fabulous item during a shopping excursion and just know you HAVE to have it, even though you don't know what you'll wear it with or when?

This happened to me several months ago while strolling through the shops on the PixelDolls Sim Port Seraphine. I came across a store called 2811, which is owned by PixelDolls, and immediately my inner Goth fell in love with the Ragged Black Velvet Skirt Set. I snatched it up as soon as SL would allow me to do so, and couldn't wait to get home to try it on. It was as lovely as the ad, and the movement of this skirt is just gorgeous. It floats so beautifully. Of course, nothing I had looked quite right with it and so I had to give up, resigning this beautiful skirt to the back of my inventory for the time being.

Recently, RL sort of crashed in on me, literally AND figuratively, and so when I logged in, I immediately went for Goth with my look. I wear a lot of different styles of clothing, from beachy casual to couture and I love it all; but I am never more...ME...then I am when I go Goth.

Needing a little pick me up, I pulled that lovely Ragged Black Velvet Skirt out of my inventory and dusted off the cobwebs. Once I put it on, I was determined that this time I would figure out something to pair with it. Surely, in an inventory of over 9000, I could find some sort of top that would complete the look I was aiming for. I started going through every folder, pulling bits and pieces from different outfits, when I finally stumbled upon the Emily Dress from Canimal. This dress is one of the first things I bought as a newbie in SL. I can't remember what it cost, but I know it was very cheap, if not free, cause I did not have any money almost a year ago, when I first logged into this crazy virtual existience.

So, being the fan of mixing and matching that I am, I threw on the black and red corseted Emily top with my lovely Ragged Skirt and voila! Finally, the look I was going for.


More behind the jump!


Of course, no look is complete without accessories. I added the Digital Adornments Cassanora Jewelry Set that I picked up from Digital Knickers. It's the perfect touch of romantic, old world elegance I wanted for this outift. And just for the Gothy punk "Yes I remember the 80's," I added the Sanity Jelly Bracelets from WRONG. These bracelets are aptly named, I have to admit. They've saved my sanity many times whilst hunting for accessories for different looks. They go with almost everything. Probably one of the most important pieces of any outfit is the hair. My go-to Gothy hair is the MeriJayne II from ETD, and it was my first and last choice for this outfit. This time, I decided to try it in Smoke and I think it works well for the "black and red from head to toe" thing I've got going on with this look.


Of course, I must have tattoos when I go Gothy, and what better set then the Apnea Tattoos from SN@TCH?


Stockings and boots were fairly easy choices for this look. The stockings from theVexed outfit by Mischief are the perfect combination of seams and fishnet. And for Gothy boots, nothing beats WRONG's Basic Boots in Black.


A lovely mix and match outfit, some pieces old, some new, and some had never seen the light of day. I'm so glad I finally found a way to wear this Ragged Skirt from 2811. It's one of my favorite items and now, not only do I feel very ME, I'm perfectly dressed for hunting all those pumpkins.



Photography by Arcadia Nightfire, MDR Studios


Model Info:
Skin: Celestial Studios - Charmed Skin 20 (Glitter- Silver 2)
Eyes: Eye AC - darkturquoise
Hair: ETD - Merijayne II, Smoke
Manicure: Sin Skins - Glitter Manicure, Black
Tattoo: Sn@tch - Apnea Tattoos
Top: Canimal - Emily (part of an outfit)
Skirt: 2811 - Black Velvet, Ragged Skirt Set
Stockings: Mischief, Vexed (part of an outfit)
Shoes: WRONG - Basic Boots
Jewelry: Inks & Kinks Nostril Diamond Stud
Digital Adornments - Cassanora, Garnet
Studio Sidhe: Delight Belly Ring, Pewter
WRONG - Sanity Jelly Bracelets





Email this post


2 comments: to “ Mix and Match - Goth Style

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster