Dress Me Up Challenge: Arcadia by Gidge Uriza  

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

*revised because html hates me*

Gidge said "I want to see you do WARRIOR GODDESS! I’d cruise Fairy’s Grove and Tekeli Li for inspiration.Think……..BREASTPLATE!"


Ask and ye shall recieve, my dear. I give you Arcadia as Warrior Goddess.



I have to thank Gidge for coming up with this idea for the challenge because it gave me an excuse to buy an outfit I've been coveting for quite some time; Amazon by GothiCatz. I thought it was lovely the day it came out, and I still adore it. Of course, how often does a photographer need to be wearing a breastplate? And so, I resisted...and resisted...and resisted. But now, thanks to Gidge, it is mine! *cue evil laughter*

Amazon comes with two skirt options, Rubellite and Emmerald. I'm wearing Rubellite (of course). The movement on this skirt is just stunning; I would expect nothing less from Looloo Beck.

The detail on the breastplate is gorgeously done, and that same pattern is accented on the waistband of the skirt as well. I love how the top looks like a corset done in metal. I added some henna tattoos, from LaynieWear, just for fun.


One of the places Gidge told me to check out was Tekeli Li. I must admit, I'd never heard of that place before, but I'm glad Gidge pointed me in that direction. What fun stuff! I bought the Wyrmling hair to go with my Warrior Goddess look. It's quite well done, with a cute yet fierce looking dragon resting atop the head.

The back is just as fun, with cascading falls of hair held up by metal rings. It's very ornate and just what I was looking for.


The best part is that it's all scripted. You can change the hair color, the color of the dragon, the color of the jewels on the dragon, etc. All with just a click of a button. How fun is that?

I was also able to find some lovely jewelry. The Sinqui Collar and Cuffs set is just understated enough to go with the Wyrmling hair. It, too, is scripted. You can change the color of the metal and the color of the gems. The possibilities abound with stuff from Tekeli Li. And we all know how much I like versatile items.

Of course, no Warrior Goddess look is complete without some kick ass heels, and I had the perfect pair in my inventory. ZHAO's Savannah in black leather. Nothing says Warrior Goddess quite like leather straps wrapping half way up your leg. These shoes are stunning, and with the right outfit, make a very bold statement.

Last, but definitely not least, a Warrior Goddess must have a trusty blade. I tp'd over to Stone Keep and snagged the Spell Fire Dragon's Eye blade. A lovely peice of metal work. It comes with a shield (not shown), and animations for drawing and sheathing the sword. It even has sound effects.

All in all, I had a lot of fun putting this look together. Thanks, Gidge!




Photography by Arcadia Nightfire, MDR Photo Studio

Model Info:

Skin: Deviant Kitty - Voodoo Lashes - Sunkiss
Lashes: Deviant Kitty -Deviant Prim Lashes 01
Eyes: ::Tuli:: - Mesmerize Eyes, Blue
Hair: Tekeli-li - Wyrmling, Scripted
Manicure: Sin Skins - Glitter Manicure, Black
Pedicure: Candy Nail - #000 Basic Toenails, Black
Tattoo: LaynieWear - Henna Shoulders 1
Outfit: GothiCatz - Amazon (Rubellite Skirt Option)
Shoes: ZHAO- Savannah, Black Leather
Jewelry: Tekeli-li - Sinqui Collar and Cuffs
Sword: Stone Keep - Spell Fire Dragon's Eye Sword and Sheath (comes with shield not shown)

Poses:


Photo 1: Long Awkward Pose - Helping Hand
Photos 2 & 3: Long Awkward Pose - Dayum
Photo 4 & 5: Long Awkward Pose - Seduction

Email this post


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster