Friday I'm In Love!  

Friday, July 25, 2008

"I don't care if Monday's blue

Tuesday's grey and Wednesday too
Thursday I don't care about you
It's Friday I'm in love."
-- The Cure
It's Friday and that means it's time for the 80's party at MDR Photo Studio. Coming up with an appropriate outfit was not as easy as I thought it would be. My original idea was to go as Madonna from Lucky Star. Alyssa Bijoux even made me a great big star earring for the costume. But alas, I couldn't find the rest of the pieces to go with it. So I opted for casual 80's instead.

But, when all else fails, I say go WRONG. I LOVE this store and probably have a majority of their stock in my inventory. Their clothing is edgy and fabulous. Rocker chick, Gothy girl, or Punk chic - no matter your style you can find something to love at WRONG. Go check them out. They recently did a remodel (well, it's recent to me at least) and always have great deals on clothing.

So...wanna see what I'm wearing to 80's night?

Of course, my favorite band of the 80's was Duran Duran (they still are my favorite band, in fact) and the side project a few of the member did, Arcadia, is one of my all-time favorite records. I took my avatar's name from that record so I thought it only fitting that I wear an Arcadia t-shirt to 80's night. I paired that with the Black Bondage Mini with straps from WRONG, along with the red stripey socks and their Basic Boots. For jewlery, what is more 80's than black jelly bracelets? I snagged those at Cake.




So come and join me at the MDR party tonight and let me see what you remember about 80's fashion. Official press release below followed by the model info. Hope to see you there!




MDR Remembers 80's College Rock
Notice by Rhodesy Durant

Don your 80's gear and TP to MDR Phto Studio for Maht's very best of 80s College rock. Starting at 7 p.m. SL time tonight, MDR's DJ/Photographer Maht Wuyts will be spinning REM, Siouxsie, Replacements, Robyn Hitchcock, the Cure, the Smiths, the Pixies, and more!

Photo shoots will be given away and many other prizes. The more the merrier! Let's crash the sim! Can't wait to see you there!





Model Info:
Skin: CS Charmed Skin 20 - Glitter-Silver 2
Eyes: Eye AC - DarkTurquoise Eyes
Hair: ETD - MeriJayne II, Chocolate
Manicure: Sin Skins - Glitter Manicure, Black
Top: Arcadia T- Shirt created by Mustang Mantha
Skirt: WRONG - Black Bondage Mini with Straps (belt buckle from Red Bondage Mini)
Socks: WRONG - Stripey Socks, Red
Shoes: WRONG - Basic Boots, Black
Jewelry: Inks & Kink's - Diamond Nostril Stud
Caroline's - Individual, Right Hand Ring
Cake - 80's Pop Bracelets, left and right
Alyssa Bijoux - Madonna Star Earring, Silver (Custom Order)

Email this post


0 comments: to “ Friday I'm In Love!

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster