It's All In The Details At Decoy!  

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Friends often send me landmarks for stores they think I should visit. Most of the time, I go check them out as soon as I get them. But sometimes, I'm in the middle of a shoot or working on something else, and they get buried in my inventory. It takes someone asking me if I've gone or seeing the store in another blog to jog my memory. Such was the case with the landmark for Decoy.

I've had this landmark for at least a week, maybe longer. I completely forgot about it until I saw a post in Ana Lutetia's Blog yesterday. As soon as I finished reading, I teleported over to Decoy and boy did I spend some lindens! Click the jump to see all the fun stuff I bought!


I have a rule of thumb whilst shopping around the grid: if something catches my eye enough to make me say "ooooooh" even if it's not my style or in the range of my usual color pallatte, I buy it. Period. That is how I got the Baiastice dress I blogged about a month or so ago. At Decoy, it was the Elisa dress.




Isn't this a great dress? Wine and Tangerine are really not colors I'd normally buy, and especially not together. But how could I resist this dress? I couldn't. It comes in a multitude of colors, but this combination caught my eye, so this is the color I bought. I may get more later. I just love the richness of the colors and the realism of the textures. It makes you want to reach out and touch the fabric. I couldn't decide which hair I liked more, so I snapped photos of both.






The Sanrio top is the entire reason I ran to Decoy in the first place. I LOVE this top. Fatpacks are your friend at this store, ladies. This one is Storm, a mix of grey and teal. I love the texture on this, the swirl pattern is exquisite and reminds me of an art piece I saw once.

But it's not just a top...it's also a bikini. I mean, really...in the area of versatility, does it get any better? Throw on your bikini, go sunbathing, and play in the ocean. Then, when the sun goes down, throw on a pair of capris and some sandals. Instant transformation. I love those.







And you can wear it as the bikini top or a full top, which I wore in Midnight Aqua to sit around the campfire at MDR while my friend Maht streamed some music for us. Fabulously versatile piece. A definite must in any wardrobe.




Speaking of capris, I bought a ton of the Genesis 10 capris at Decoy. The texture is amazingly detailed...buttons, belt loops, even the zipper. And they actually look like denim...not just a denim color covering your leg. Oh, and I love the little prim cuffs at the bottom.

I also snagged the Dalini top in red. This is going to be one of my all time favorite shirts, I believe. The texture is wonderful, the neckline perfect. And I love the little row of buttons down the back and the rouching of the fabric around the center. It's sexy but not overly done. Unfortunately, the photos don't do this piece justice. Trust me when I say it's another item you want to just reach out and touch. I may have to have this in a few other colors as well.





There's so much fun stuff at Decoy, I think you should teleport over there right now and have yourself a little shopping spree. For amazing textures like this, their prices are definitely a bargain. I can't wait to see what they come out with next.





Model Info for Elisa Dress:
Skin: CS Charmed Skin 20 - Glitter-Silver 2
Eyes: Eye AC - DarkTurquoise Eyes
Hair: ETD - Phoebe, Caramel & Boon - Free Hair NMR32, Honey
Manicure: Sin Skins - Glitter Manicure, Crimson
Pedicure: CandyNails - Basic Toenails, Red
Outfit: Decoy - Elisa Dress, Wine & Tangerine
Shoes: ZHAO Shoes - Lucia, Black
Jewelry: Caroline's - Individual, Right Hand Ring
ND - Red & Black Bangles
Inks & Kink's - Diamond Nostril Stud

Model Info for Sanrio Top/Bikini:
Skin: CS Charmed Skin 20 - Glitter-Silver 2
Eyes: Eye AC - DarkTurquoise Eyes
Hair: Boon - Free Hair NMR32, Chestnut
Manicure: Sin Skins - Glitter Manicure, Crimson
Pedicure - Candy Nails - Basic Toenails, Red
Top: Decoy - Sanrio, Storm (fireside - Midnight Aqua)
Bottoms: Decoy - Genesis 10 Capris, Midnight
Shoes: Digital Dragon Designs - Metro Stitch, Black
Jewelry: Caroline's - Individual, Right Hand Ring
WRONG - Sanity Jelly Bracelets, Black
Inks & Kink's - Diamond Nostril Stud

Model Info for Dalini Top:
Skin: CS Charmed Skin 20 - Glitter-Silver 2
Eyes: Eye AC - DarkTurquoise Eyes
Hair: Boon - Free Hair NMR32, Chestnut
Manicure: Sin Skins - Glitter Manicure, Crimson
Pedicure - CandyNails - Basic Toenails, Red
Top: Decoy - Dalini, Red
Bottoms: Decoy - Genesis 10 Capris, Midnight
Shoes: Digital Dragon Designs - Metro Stitch, Black
Jewelry: Caroline's - Individual, Right Hand Ring
Caroline's - Moon Necklace
WRONG - Sanity Jelly Bracelets, Black
Inks & Kink's - Diamond Nostril Stud

Email this post


2 comments: to “ It's All In The Details At Decoy!

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster