For The Love of ZHAO  

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

When I attented the opening of the Alphamale & Blacklace SIM a few weeks ago, I had the opportunity to meet Melanie ZHAO of ZHAO Shoe fame. It was a thrill for me because I've always admired her work. ZHAO Shoes were my first love in Second Life (as far as shoes go, anyway) and I often find myself searching through my inventory for a pair of ZHAO's to complete an outfit.

Melanie was nice enough to gift me with her newest releases, and I thought I'd blog about a particularly fun pair tonight. Usually when I'm creating a look, I start at the top and work my way down but not tonight. Tonight, I started with the shoes. These shoes:

SHY

Talk about a fun pair of sexy shoes! I love the metal accents all over these open-toed heels. The best part is the gold lock on the back of the ankle that holds the straps together; a very creative touch.


These shoes are sassy and sexy. I rummaged through my inventory for quite some time trying to figure out exactly what to wear with them. I was just about to give up when something occurred to me. Since ZHAO's were my first love where shoes were concerned, why not pair it with something from my first love in clothing: Last Call.

To see the outfit I put together, click the jump.


I chose the Femme Fatale dress from Last Call to pair with the Shy shoes from ZHAO for several reasons. No, it's not just because wearing a dress called Femme Fatale with shoes called Shy is funny. Cause it is. However, I love the flirty hemline of this skirt and the openness of the top. The Jackie hair from ETD in Purple was the finishing touch, mainly because I don't get to wear this purple one very often, but also because I wanted something feminine and sexy that still showed off my eyes and the fabulous eye makeup on this skin.



Fun.
Sexy.
Sassy.
Chic.
ZHAO!


Model Info:

Skin: Celestial Studios - Charmed Skin 20 (Glitter- Silver 2)
Eyes: Eye AC - darkturquoise
Hair: ETD - Jackie, Purple
Manicure: Sin Skins - Glitter Manicure, Crimson
Pedicure: Candy Nail - #0000 Basic Toenails Red
Dress: Last Call - Femme Fatale, Black
Jewelry: Inks & Kinks - Nostril Diamond Stud
Caroline's - Individual, a Right-hand ring
Shoes: ZHAO - Shy, Black

Email this post


6 comments: to “ For The Love of ZHAO

  • Anonymous
    September 10, 2008 at 2:19 AM  

    This was a great post...the first time I saw it on the fashion feed.

    The second time...it was a little annoying.

    But the third time....geez, come on!
    If you're editing because you can't get it right the first time, too bad.
    And if you're just editing so that your post is kept at the top of the feed.....well, to the ordinary reader (ie people like me), you're just a pain, and it puts me off reading more of what you've done.

    So if you want to be at the top of the feed all the time...blog something else instead of the same thing over and over.

  • Arcadia Nightfire
    September 10, 2008 at 12:08 PM  

    Don't know who you are or what fashion feed you are talking about. I only edited this post once to add something to it.

  • Pyper Dollinger
    September 10, 2008 at 2:07 PM  

    First of all I would like to know where you read this and what feed it was on...Second if you can't say it nicely then please don't leave comments. We don't want to be at the top of the feed and not our faults that the wonders of blogging is that if you edit will cause it to add another publish. alot of times you can't see what things are wrong until after it is allready. I see you are anonymous as well...If you have any further problems or questions feel free to im from now. Thanks Pyper Dollinger

  • Anonymous
    September 10, 2008 at 3:16 PM  

    I saw this on the fashion planet feed.

    Did you not know your blog is on the feed, and the effects editing would have?
    If thats true, I will apologise for being rude.
    There are quite a few bloggers who do it deliberately, for the reason I mentioned, so coming from just a readers perspective, it is nothing but annoying when you see a post pop up again and again on the feed.

    As I said, it was a great post the first time I read it.

  • Pyper Dollinger
    September 10, 2008 at 6:53 PM  

    Yes we truly understand the effects it has when you do edit but unfortunately sometimes we have to do it. If a jump doesn't get in there like it is supposed to the first time or a picture doesn't get in the correct position and the view shows it incorrectly then we do have to edit it. We aren't bloggers that need attention we do this for the love of SL and the fashion not to get at the top of a feed by any means. Thank you for your comment and I am glad you enjoyed the post.

  • Arcadia Nightfire
    September 11, 2008 at 12:23 PM  

    I, personally, was unaware of our blog being on Fashion Planet. I don't think I've ever been to that site. Pyper may have told me about it when I first signed on and I just forgot. Who knows.

    I truly did not know that editing it would cause it to show up so many times. I've edited posts before and never had any problems with it showing up more than once, though I only check ihearts so that could explain the problem.

    I will try to be more conscious of that fact from now on.

    I agree that there are probably some who do it just so they can be on top of the feeds, but that's not us. I think I can speak for Pyper here in saying that we post because we genuinely like what we're posting about. We love the fashion of SL and we want other people to see it too. It's really not about us or seeking any attention.

    I appreciate your apology and I am glad you enjoyed the post the first time it showed up.

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster