Riddle Me This  

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Last week, while scrolling through Iheartsl.com, I saw an ad for a limited edition outfit by Riddle. It was made specifically for the Harajuku Fair and was only available for a few days. The outfit, called {After} School Days, was very cute and a little unusual...unusual enough to make me curious to see what else Riddle had to offer. So, of course, I dropped everything and teleported over there.

I was quite impressed. This fun, quirky store has a little bit of everything, and the prices are VERY reasonable. Don't forget to grab some Cotton Candy on the way in. You'll be there awhile so snacking is not a bad idea. Plus, it makes for cute photos.

The designer, Chrystina Noel, is willing to give us bloggers an outfit to review, so I contacted her and asked for the {After} School Days. She was quite nice, and I enjoyed talking with her. Once I had the outfit in my inventory, I couldn't wait to get back to the studio and try it on.

Now, we all know how it is...sometimes you fall in love with something "on the rack" but when you get it home and try it on, you're left feeling a bit let down. Sometimes the quality isn't what you'd hoped for or it's just not flattering to your shape. But then there are the good times, when you get it home, put it on, and the quality is even better than you thought it was going to be. Such is the case with Riddle.


{After} School Days comes with a ton of different options. Three sleeve lengths for the shirt and two different jumper styles. You could wear just the skirt of the jumper if you wanted. You can wear it with or without the tie, or with or without the leg warmers. Depending upon how you piece this outfit together, the look can be anything from casual to office chic. There's more after the jump.

I chose a more office chic look with the 3/4 quarter inch sleeves, the collar with skull tie, and the skully jumper. (I do love my skulls.) Forgoeing the leg warmers and adding the ZHAO Xinful Boots gave the outfit just the right touch of sexiness.

After trying on {After} School Days, I went back to Riddle to see what else jumped out at me. And the first thing I saw was this Argyle Sweater Dress. If you've picked up anything about my style from reading this blog, you're probably shaking your head in confusion right now.
Arcadia? Argyle? Sweater Dress?

Nooooooo.

You'd be right. I don't generally like Argyle or sweaters, let alone a whole dress made out of it. But this one....this one has skulls!

Cute little skulls in the diamonds of the top. I just...I could not resist it. I tried. I really did! But it called my name so loudly that I gave in and bought it. And then, promptly teleported to Princeton University's SIM to snap some photos.


It's so adorable! I love it. LOVE IT! It's cute, sassy, and my inner goth is thrilled with the tiny skulls. I bought it in red and black, of course, but it comes in four different color combinations. This dress is perfect for those first few months of Autumn when it's not too cold, but not hot either. Another thing I bought at Riddle, which I paired with this outfit, is the Tintable Cableknit Stocking Set. It comes with knee socks, thigh highs, and full tights. The texture is amazing, and--you ready--that's right..tintable! I love it when I can change the color of things. For 120L, that's a steal!

I bought somthing else at Riddle, but you'll have to stay tuned to part two of my "Riddle Me This" post to see what that is. I'm going to show you how versatile the clothing at Riddle is by taking this one outfit and making three different looks out of it. Look for that in a few days.

Model Info for (After) School Days
Skin: Celestial Studios - Charmed Skin 20 (Glitter- Silver 2)
Eyes: Eye AC - Dark Turquoise
Hair: The Abyss - Secret, Light Blonde
Manicure: Sin Skins - Glitter Manicure, Black
Outfit: Riddle - (After) School Days, Limited Edition
Stockings: Mischief, Vexed (part of an outfit)
Shoes: ZHAO - Xinful, Black
Jewelry: Inks & Kinks Nostril Diamond Stud
Caroline's - Individual, A Right Hand Ring

Model Info: Skully Argyle Set
Skin: Celestial Studios - Charmed Skin 20 (Glitter- Silver 2)
Eyes: Eye AC - Dark Turquoise
Hair: ETD - Jackie, Elika's Brown
Manicure: Sin Skins - Glitter Manicure, Black
Outfit: Riddle - Skully Argyle, Red
Socks: Riddle - Tintable Cable Knit Stocking Set, Knee Socks tinted Grey
Shoes: ZHAO - Tamara, Black
Jewelry: Inks & Kinks Nostril Diamond Stud
Starz - Kinky Bracelts

Email this post


0 comments: to “ Riddle Me This

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster