Always Be Prepared.  

Sunday, April 27, 2008

That's the girl scout motto for a reason, dear Glamourazzi readers. Having an extensive wardrobe is something we joke about, but it really does come in handy. You never know what's going to happen when you log in world, or who you're going to meet, or what you'll be asked to do. Unexpected things have a habit of coming up in this virtual world of uors, and a Glamourazzi girl must always have the right outfit for the right occasion. For instance, like when you're asked to join a rock band five minutes before the concert.





My friend Rhodesy Durant and I got roped into being part of the backup band for the very talented Jax Streeter, SL musician. He was scheduled to perform at an in-world concert at the London School of Journalism and his band was nowhere to be found. So, he asked us to get dressed and join him on stage. Being nice girls, we agreed. It was so much fun! Nerve-wracking to say the least, but I was pleased that I was able to pull a look together in less then five minutes. Thankfully, just a few days before, Rhodesy and I had visited Nyte 'N' Day for a little shopping spree.

Nyte 'N' Day is one of the first stores I discovered upon entering SL, but I hadn't been there for many, many months. I'm so glad I took the time to go back. They had a lot of new stuff I hadn't seen, and Rhodesy and I both spent an obscene amount of lindens. The first thing I bought was a simple, chic outfit to wear while working at MDR Photo Studio. Pictured below, it's called Quadrate, and I just love the pattern on the sleeves. The fit is perfect too. It's casual but still sexy.



I bought Sin just for fun, and yes, for the name. How could I resist? I wasn't completely sure about it, to be honest, but the prices are so reasonable, I bought it anyway. When I put it on, I loved it! It was very flattering, and the criss-crossed staps on the back display my bare back perfectly. It's short enough to be sexy but long enough to still be decent. All in all, it was just the right look for my rock star stage debut.


Rhodesy and I also had plans to hear our good friend and boss, Maht Wuyts DJ at Velvet. If you're looking to dance the night away to some great music, you'll find me and Rhodesy (and sometimes Pyper) there on Saturday night listening to Maht spin some great tunes from 6-8 p.m. SL. Nyte 'N' Day came to our wardrobe rescue once again for this event. As soon as I saw the Outlaw outfit, I snagged it. I love the combination of pinstripes with chunky straps and metal rings. The fact that it's so short doesn't hurt the sexy factor, either. Paired with the Janey hair from ETD, it made a stunning combination. Rhodesy (friend and fellow MDR Photographer) snapped this picture of us dancing at the club. Don't we look great?






Nyte 'N' Day is a fabulous place to stop when you're out and about shopping in world. What I love most about it is the variety. You can find just about anything there, from office chic to rock star chick, and everything in between. The clothing is fabulously priced, not too expensive, and the quality is amazing. So check it out the next time you're looking for that must-have outfit and keep those inventories well stocked. Always be prepared to be a Superstar Avatar.


Arcadia Nighfire Model Info for Quadrate:
Skin: CS Charmed Skin 20 - Glitter-Silver 2
Shape: Original creation
Hair: Curio, Creepy - Vamp Red
Eyes: AC Eyes - Turquoise
Manicure: Sin Skins Glitter Manicure in Crimson
Outfit: Nyte n Day - Quadrate
Shoes: ZHAO - Tamara
Jewelry: Inks & Kinks - Diamond Nose Stud
Caroline's - Individual, Right hand ring.
Earthstones - Pentacle Necklace Silver/Onyx
Bejewelled - Silver Bangles

Arcadia Nightfire Model Info for Sin
Skin: CS Charmed Skin 20 - Glitter-Silver 2
shape: Original creation
Hair: Curio, Creepy - Vamp Red
Eyes - AC Eyes - Turquoise
Manicure - Sin Skins Glitter Manicure in Crimson
Outfit: Nyte n Day - Sin
Shoes: Falln – Tall Vinyl Boots, Black
Jewelry: Inks & Kinks - Diamond Nose Stud
Caroline's - Individual, Right hand ring.

Arcadia Nightfire Model Info for Outlaw:
Skin: CS Charmed Skin 20 - Glitter-Silver 2
shape: Original creation
Hair: ETD Janine
Eyes - AC Eyes - Turquoise
Manicure - Sin Skins Glitter Manicure in Crimson
Outfit: Nyte n Day - Outlaw
Shoes: Falln - Tall Vinyl Boots
Jewelry: *Starz* Kinky Belts - Armband
*Starz* - Veranica Bracelets
Inks & Kinks - Diamond Nose Stud
Caroline's - Individual, Right hand ring.

Rhodesy Durant Model Info:
Skin: Naughty Designs Alina
shape: Original creation
Hair: ETD Jenine
outfit: Gloves from Gothicatz, top and pants- Nyte n' Day Suspence.
shoes: from WRONG Metal Boots (base and bottom only)
Jewelry: Necklace and earrings - *UnTone* HSCD set from *UnTone* Accessories, main store.
Arm and leg band - Kinky Belts from *Starz*

Email this post


5 comments: to “ Always Be Prepared.

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster