Corset Beauty  

Monday, May 19, 2008


It's Monday and you know what that means: Lingerie. Tonight I thought I'd talk about one of my favorite items of clothing, the corset. Traditional corsets were worn to modify a woman's shape and some do still wear those types of corsets. However, I'll be referring to the ones that have the sex appeal of a true corset without actually being painful to wear.


I looked high and low in this virtual plane we call our second home for a really good corset and after months of searching, I finally found it. Toxic's motto is "Fetish Meets Fashion" and I couldn't agree more. Their Red Silk Corset Set is a MUST have, ladies. It is the most detailed corset I've come across and it looks so authentic you almost want to reach out and touch it. ;) I absolutely LOVE this piece. Click the jump to see more photos of this and other fabulous corsets.



Speaking of detailed, look at the back of this corset. Isn't it simply stunning? I'm not sure there is anything more beautiful (speaking in terms of lingerie, of course) then a well made corset.


One of the other fun details of this corset is the prim lace along the top. You can wear it with:
Or without:


If you don't like red as much as I do, have no fear. It comes in yellow and white as well. Keep in mind that this is a set, so it comes with panties, garter belt, stockings, and shoes as well. How can you go wrong? Toxic also has several other styles of corsets available for you to choose from. Their underbust corsets are quite good if you prefer those.


I stumbled upon this corset from *DG* Innovations while on one of my many shopping excursions with my friend Rhodesy. This is part of a gown and you can buy the whole outfit or just the corset top.


I opted for just the top and in red, again, (are you sensing a color pattern yet?) but it comes in several different colors. Since I only got the corset, I had to hunt through my extensive inventory and come up with the rest of the outfit. Those LoveLace Millais panties go with almost everything, I swear. ;)



Last, but certainly not least, this gorgeous royal blue corset was a free gift I got at Baistaice just a few weeks ago.


Blue is not usually my color, obviously, but I just couldn't resist. I love how shiny it looks...just like satin. For this look, I paired it with the Sonatina panties from a Blaze dress I have (also a free gift) and the ZHAO Chelle shoes in silver. Those, however, were not free.




So now you have seen three of my favorite corsets. On Thursday, we'll take the corsets out of the bedroom when I show you how I managed to create unique outfits using these same three corsets and various other pieces from my wardrobe.

Corsets are sexy and sensual, the creme de la creme of lingerie, and these three are a really good way to start building up that lingerie wardrobe!


Model Info for Toxic Red Silk Corset Set:
Skin: CS Charmed Skin 20 - Glitter-Silver 2
Eyes: Eye AC - DarkTurquoise Eyes
Manicure: Sin Skins Glitter Manicure, Crimson
Shape: Body Doubles Sarah Michelle Gellar (modified to look nothing like her).
Hair: ETD - Willow, Elika's Brown.
Outfit: Toxic - Red Silk Corset Set.
Shoes: ZHAO - Lucia, Black.
Jewelry: Caroline's - Individual, a Right Hand Ring.
Caroline's - Shooting Stars Necklace
WRONG - Sanity Jelly Bracelets.
Inks & Kinks - Diamond Nose Stud.


Model Info for DG Innovations Distinguished Corset
Skin: CS Charmed Skin 20 - Glitter-Silver 2
Eyes: Eye AC - DarkTurquoise Eyes
Manicure: Sin Skins Glitter Manicure, Crimson
Shape: Body Doubles Sarah Michelle Gellar (modified to look nothing like her).
Hair: ETD - Ginny, Elika's Brown.
Corset: DG Innovations Distinguished, Corset 1
Panties: LoveLace - Millais, Crimson.
Stockings: Falln NoelDress Stockings, Black.
Garter Belt: Nyte'N'Day - Fever Rose Garter Belt, Black.
Shoes: ZHAO - Lucia, Black.
Jewelry: Caroline's - Individual, a Right Hand Ring.
Caroline's - Graduated Diamond Set (necklace, Bracelet, Earrings)
Inks & Kinks - Diamond Nose Stud.

Model Info for Baiastice Blue Corset:
Skin: CS Charmed Skin 20 - Glitter-Silver 2
Eyes: Eye AC - DarkTurquoise Eyes
Manicure: Sin Skins Glitter Manicure, Crimson
Shape: Body Doubles Sarah Michelle Gellar (modified to look nothing like her).
Hair: ETD - Lacey, Raspberry.
Corset: Baiastice - Corsett Sexy Bleu.
Panties: Blaze - Sonatina Panties, Silk Blue.
Shoes: ZHAO - Chelle, Silver.
Jewelry: Caroline's - Individual, a Right Hand Ring.
Caroline's - Triple Moon Necklace.
Haalsa Hallard Designs - Moonstar Belly Ring, Silver.
Inks & Kinks - Diamond Nose Stud.

Email this post


0 comments: to “ Corset Beauty

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster