Let Them Wear Lingerie!  

Monday, May 5, 2008


My friend Gidge decided to have an impromptu SL Pajama Party this past Saturday night. I found this idea to be quite fun and immediately planned to attend, but there was one little catch. I don't own any pajamas, in SL or RL. I do, however, own lots of lingerie.

Is there anything more fun and sexy than a good piece of lingerie? Whether you are wearing it for that special someone in your life or just to feel sexy and feminine, lingerie is always a good call. In fact, it's probably my favorite type of clothing in any life.

Because I love it and have so much of it, I thought I'd devote my next few monday posts to showing you where to find the best lingerie in Second Life. Each week, I'll review a different store and show you some of the things I've bought from there.

To kick off this special series, I'll start with one of my favorite lingerie stores, Insolence.

One definition of Insolence is "exhibiting boldness" and I like to think this is what the designers at Insolence had in mind when they created their line. It is, simply put, the best lingerie I've found in SL. It is incredibly detailed and realistic looking. These are pieces you'd want to wear in RL.

The main store is an opulent yet inviting builidng filled with three levels of shoes, skins, and, of course, lingerie. It is one of those stores where I'd probably buy everything in sight if I had the lindens to do so. But alas, I am just a poor photographer so I only have...umm...four outfits so far. (Notice I said "so far", lol)

Let's take a look shall we?

This first set is called "Clara" and it's probably my favorite piece of SL lingerie. The detail is stunning and I love the corset strings up the sides. A lot of the outfits come in several colors and in tattoo friendly versions (jacket and shirt layers so you can still wear those tattoo undershirts). I adore that.

This is "Laure" and, though it might be hard to tell from the photo, it has violet lace all over it. It's really quite pretty and feminine. It's also one of the few things I own in purple.


Scarlett, just as the name brings to mind, is drama. I bought it in black and I love the sheer sides and the keyhole top. It's gorgeous, flirty, and sensual all at once. All of these pieces are extremely affordable, especially given the quality of the pieces. Almost everything I bought came with garters and stockings also, for which I applaud Insolence greatly. Lingerie is so much sexier with garters and stockings.



This last piece is called "Tracey" and it's from the newest collection at Insolence, the Misty Line. This collection is a blend of high quality lingerie with fetish and the final product is stunning. The latex is gorgeous and it hugs every curve in just the right way. I admit, this line isn't for everyone, but I do think latex is incredibly fun and sexy so I included it here. "Tracey" came with the unbelieveably sexy bra, zippered gloves, and two choices of panties. I added the latex garters and stockings, which can be purchased seperately to go with any of the outfits. I can't wait to see what else they come up with for this line!



Now you have seen some of my favorite pieces from Insolence. If you've not been, you really should go and check it out. For those of you with that special someone, you'll be sure to find something that will totally drive them wild. And for those of you (us) without any significant others, who says you need one to look and feel sexy? Throw on some Insolence lingerie, snap some photos if you want, and BE sexy! :)

Model Info for Clara:
Skin: CS Charmed Skin 20 - Glitter-Silver 2
Shape: Body Doubles Sarah Michelle Gellar (modified to look nothing like her).
Hair: Curio - Creepy, Vamp Red
Outfit: Insolence - Clara, Bourdeaux Satin

Model Info for Laure:
Skin: CS Charmed Skin 20 - Glitter-Silver 2
Shape: Body Doubles Sarah Michelle Gellar (modified to look nothing like her).
Hair: ETD - Phoebe, Elika's Red
Outfit: Insolence - Laure, Violet

Model Info for Scarlett:
Skin: CS Charmed Skin 20 - Glitter-Silver 2
Shape: Body Doubles Sarah Michelle Gellar (modified to look nothing like her).
Hair: Curio - Creepy, Vamp Red
Outfit: Insolence - Scarlet, Black


Model Info for Tracey:
Skin: CS Charmed Skin 20 - Glitter-Silver 2
Shape: Body Doubles Sarah Michelle Gellar (modified to look nothing like her).
Hair: Abyss - Secret, Light Blonde
Outfit: Insolence - Misty Line, Tracey
Misty Line, Black Garters and Stockings

Email this post


0 comments: to “ Let Them Wear Lingerie!

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster