Hip Cats Shop At Gothicatz!  

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Sometimes I don't get back to my favorite stores for weeks or (in the case of Nyte 'N' Day) months. This is not because I don't want to go, but there are so many new places to explore and things to do that it can take awhile to revisit old haunts. There is one exception to this rule, however. It’s one of the first stores I fell in love with after being immersed into this virtual world of ours, and I always make time to revist it. Early on in my SL development, I was mentioning to a group of people, some friends, some strangers, that I was having trouble finding clothing in SL that fit was sexy and a bit over the top, but still true to my own personal sense of style and fun for my Gothy side. A friend of a friend referred me to this place and, readers, let me tell you--I was hooked instantly. I bought three outfits that first day, and I keep going back. In fact, during a recent (and massive) inventory re-organization, I discovered that I have 20 outfits from this place, the most from any one store in my entire inventory. Last Call comes in a close second, but sadly there will be no more purchases from there. Does that make it my favorite fashion house in all of SL? I'm not sure...but it is definitely in my top ten.

Not only do I make time to revisit this store, I usually do so once a week because there is ALWAYS something new at Gothicatz.

Being the resident Glamour Goth in my close-knit circle of friends, it's not really surprising I'd love a store called Gothicatz, but don't let the name fool you. Gothicatz is not all about black clothing and pale skin. There is color here, ladies. Lots of bold and vibrant colors. (The newest outfit even has polka dots!). Their clothing ranges from eclectic Emo to exotic dancer with a little bit of everything in between thrown in for good measure. One of the best things about a Gothicatz outfit is that it comes in pieces, so it's incredibly easy to mix and match, which is quickly becoming one of my favorite things to do with clothing. Every outfit can be tailored to suit your personality this way. And the other great thing is that Gothicatz hasn't forgotten your men! Almost all of the exquisitely designed outfits come in both male and female versions, so make sure to bring the special boys in your life with you when you shop there. All the outfits have fantastic names…names with attitude! And that, is their clothing summed up in one word. Attitude…or perhaps I should say Fierce?

Of course, the best way to show you what I mean is by actually showing you, so let there be pictures!


Ah, Massacre. The very first Gothicatz outfit I ever bought. I love the belts and buckles and how skin tight it is.


Raven comes in two versions, the one shown above and a version with pants instead of a flexi skirt. I have both, of course, but I chose this one because I love flexi skirts. I just can’t help it. I also love the detail on this and how the pattern in the belt matches the top and is even brought down to accent the stockings. Fabulous.


Hot Chocolate. I saw this outfit and immediately thought of Pyper. It just screamed her name to me and so a week or so later, Rhodesy and I dragged Pyper on a shopping trip (well, okay she came willingly) and she snagged it immediately. I, of course, bought it too. I just love the brown suede jacket and the details are so fun. It’s much more Pyper than it is me, I think, but I love it anyway. Doesn't she look cute and chic?


This is Pyper’s other find at Gothicatz, Passion. I just love the details on the clothing at Gothicatz and the prices are always reasonable. I'm pretty sure Pyper will be shopping at Gothicatz again in the near future.


This is my newest acquisition from Gothicatz. A simple black knit dress. Paired with the Xinful boots from ZHAO, it makes for a very retro chic look.

I hope I’ve given you an idea of what to expect at Gothicatz. You won’t like everything there…even I don’t like every outfit they have. But…and this is an important but…I’ll be surprised if you can’t find at least one gem in their collection. Happy shopping!

Model Info for Massacre:
Skin: CS Charmed Skin 20 - Glitter-Silver 2
Shape: Original creation
Hair: Abyss – Secret, Light Blonde
Eyes: AC Eyes - Turquoise
Manicure: Sin Skins Glitter Manicure in Black
Outfit: Gothicatz - Massacre
Shoes: Abyss – NAU Combat Boots, Black
Jewelry: Inks & Kinks - Diamond Nose Stud
Cake – 80s Pop Bracelets

Model Info for Raven:
Skin: CS Charmed Skin 20 - Glitter-Silver 2
Shape: Original creation
Hair: Curio – Spiky, Vamp Red
Eyes: AC Eyes - Turquoise
Manicure: Sin Skins Glitter Manicure in Black
Outfit: Gothicatz - Raven
Shoes: WRONG – Basic Boots, Black
Jewelry: Inks & Kinks - Diamond Nose Stud
Jen’s Vampire Bait Chocker
WRONG – Sanity Jelly Bracelets, Black
Caroline's - Individual, Right hand ring.

Model Info for Hot Chocolate (Pyper):
SKIN:DDD Seductive Glow Skins-Darkness (Burnt)
Eyes:Glanz-Midnight-Gray
Hair: Gurl6-Edgy
Outfit: Gothicatz-HotChocolate
Boots: LC Covet: melisande VAMP-Chocolate
Ring: (L) Ramos: Eternal
Ring: (R) DDD-Square of Diamonds
Bracelet: Delicatesse Isis Bracelet
Earrings: Dejavu-Princess Arwen Earrings

Model Info for Passion (Pyper):
SKIN:DDD Seductive Glow Skins-Darkness (Burnt)
Eyes:Glanz-Midnight-Gray
Hair: HCT-Larissa
Outfit: Gothicatz- GothiCatz Passion
Shoes: DDD Metro Stitch Black Bling 137-Clogs
Ring: (L) Ramos: Eternal
Ring: (R) DDD-Square of Diamonds
Bracelet: Delicatesse Isis Bracelet
Earrings: Dejavu-Princess Arwen Earrings

Model Info for Nikita:
Skin: CS Charmed Skin 20 - Glitter-Silver 2
Shape: Original creation
Hair: Abyss – Secret, Blood
Eyes: AC Eyes - Turquoise
Manicure: Sin Skins Glitter Manicure in Black
Outfit: Gothicatz - Nikita
Shoes: ZHAO – Xinful Boots, Black
Jewelry: Inks & Kinks - Diamond Nose Stud
Caroline's - Individual, Right hand ring.

Email this post


1 comments: to “ Hip Cats Shop At Gothicatz!

  • Unknown
    September 30, 2008 at 10:40 AM  

    Thank you so much for the awesome post about GothiCatz! I love the part when you said the outfits are incredibly mix and match! ;) TY Arcadia! ;) Awesome blog! I'm bookmarking! ={^.^}= Hugz

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster