Taste the Summer  

Friday, June 20, 2008

Summer is almost upon us, and at MDR we're celebrating in grand style by throwing a Summer at the Studio bash tonight. Of course, only finding out about this a few days ago I fretted over what to wear. I was thinking beachy, but not just a bikini. I wanted beach chic, not just beachwear and I think I put together a very cute summer outfit. It's perfect for that summertime party, walking along the boardwalk, or just shopping with friends. Follow the jump for more details and photos!



My friend Rhodesy had to suffer through me putting this outfit together last night. I decided immediately on the Gloss Triangle bikini top, a freebie from the PixelDolls VIP List. (If you aren't on that list, get yourself over to PixelDolls and sign up!) I know what you're thinking--summer is all about fun colors and bold style. But I love the combination of black and silver and decided to continue the monochromatic theme throughout my outfit. This way, I'll stand out from the crowd without "STANDING OUT," if you know what I mean.


It took a few tries to find the perfect bottoms for this outfit. I went through capris, shorts, skirts, jeans...nothing was working. Then I remembered a pair of cute shorts I'd seen the last time Rhodesy and I were at BoA Creations. They are cute and sexy at the same time and I love the suspenders hanging from them. They give the shorts just a touch of cool. And the texture of the shorts lends it that designer touch I was looking for.


For shoes, I decided to throw on my Metro Stitch shoes from Digital Dragon Designs. I have to admit to stealing this idea from Pyper. I saw her wearing them at the last photo shoot I did for her and I couldn't help snagging them myself. They are just so cute and a little Gothy.
So there you have it...a cute but chic summer look. Of course, you could do this in any color you wanted to with any different combination of tops and bottoms. The important thing to remember is to create a look that works with your personal sense of style and go with it.

And if you want, throw on your favorite summer outfit and come to our Summer at the Studio party tonight at MDR Photo Studio. We're giving away a photo shoot prize package with each of our four Senior Photographers, including yours truly. The party starts at 7:30 SLT. If you do pop in, make sure to find me and say hi.

Model Info:

Skin: CS Charmed Skin 20 - Glitter-Silver 2
Eyes: Eye AC - DarkTurquoise Eyes
Hair: Abyss - Secret, Full Moon
Manicure: Sin Skins - Glitter Manicure, Crimson
Pedicure: Candy Nail - Basic Toenails, Red
Top: PixelDolls - Gloss Triangle Bikini, Platinum
Bottoms: BoA Creations - Short, Black
Shoes: Digital Dragons Design - Metro Stitch, Black
Jewelry: Inks & Kinks Diamond Nostril Stud
Caroline's - Individual, a Right Hand Ring
Caroline's - Ankh necklace, Onyx
WRONG - Beads & Bangles, Black
Freebie - Ruby Eye Belly Stud

Email this post


0 comments: to “ Taste the Summer

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster